Novel Profile
Author: Monique Polak
Publisher: Orca Book Publishers
Copyright date: 2008
Number of pages: 215
Fiction
While scanning through the books the library, searching for a good read, I came across "What World is Left" by Monique Polak. Judging by the cover and its photo, I saw that it was a book about the times of World War II. It looked interesting, and was of a good length for an independent novel study. I am often interested in content about the second world war, namely the Holocaust, and this book is about just that. The back of the book reads:
In reading this novel, I hope to get a look at one specific experience/circumstance that could have occurred in history. Although this novel was written recently, I trust that it will not fail to give insight and personal depth to the life of a concentration camp prisoner. I am looking forward to an engaging and smooth read.The unthinkable has happened. Anneke and her family have been taken by train from their comfortable home in Holland to Theresienstadt, a "model" concentration camp in Czechloslovakia. But there is nothing model about bed bugs, starvation, disease, lice, hard labor and constant brutality. Despite the hunger, the anxiety and the pain, Anneke learns that she is capable of doing whatever it takes to survive. She also discovers that even the grayest of days can be brightened by a friend's smile or a lover's kiss.

this book sounds very interesting, my book is also related to WW2
ReplyDeleteSeems pretty cool, hopefully it will live up to your expectations.
ReplyDeleteThis book sounds great. I really enjoy these types of books because they make you think and are very engaging. I hope you enjoyed the book.
ReplyDelete